On-Trend Metal Bracelet Watches
by roberta naas
Bracelet watches, which made a strong reappearance at this year’s Swiss watch shows, are finding their way onto the wrists of Miami’s women of style.
While timepieces with colorful leather and rubber straps offer women a bold and vivacious way to accessorize, metal bracelets that wrap beautifully around the wrist are providing a shimmering alternative, particularly in Miami where they offer cool comfort in contrast to the warm climate. Many watch brands offer stainless steel bracelets in soft, supple links or in fixed styles that mimic a cuff bracelet for a look that blends wristwatches with fine jewelry.
1. From Baume & Mercier, the all-new Promesse collection, several years in the making, was created for women only. This stainless steel Promesse ($3,850), which makes its debut this month, features a supple multilink bracelet. Mayors Jewelers, 1000 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, 305-672-1662
2. From David Yurman, this Classic watch ($2,800) is a 30mm quartz Swiss-made timepiece with a supple bracelet and mother-of-pearl dial. Bal Harbour Shops, 9700 Collins Ave., 305-867-1772.
3. From Frédérique Constant, this Classics Art Deco watch ($2,995), crafted in stainless steel with a convex sapphire crystal, houses a quartz movement and offers a mother-of-pearl dial. Tourneau, Aventura Mall, 19501 Biscayne Blvd., 305-932-2280.
STYLING BY CHRIS STONE; ACCESSORIES, CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT: Devereaux vanity tray, Ralph Lauren ($295). Town Center at Boca Raton, 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton, 561-395-7656. Gardenia Rattan eau de parfum, Aerin ($110). Neiman Marcus, Bal Harbour Shops, 9700 Collins Ave.,305-865-6161. Fifi slip, Agent Provocateur ($550). Bal Harbour Shops, 305-865-3909. Oval minaudière, Aerin ($700). Saks Fifth Avenue, Bal Harbour Shops, 305-865-1100. 18k white-gold L’Heure du Diamant earrings, Chopard (price on request). Bal Harbour Shops, 305-868-8626. 11.09-carat emerald-cut diamond ring, Graff Diamonds (price on request). Bal Harbour Shops, 305-993-1212. Lipstick, Tom Ford ($49). Saks Fifth Avenue, SEE ABOVE
photography by jeff crawford; Styling by Chris Stone
The Most Authoritative Insight Into Time And Watches
- A Moment in Time: Thierry and Philippe Stern Speak Out about Patek Philippe at the 175th Anniversary Celebrations
- Sexy Has Never Looked So Good: Roger Dubuis Brings Corsets, Fishnet Stockings and Mink to the new Velvet Haute Couture Watch Line
- Watch Industry Veteran Journalist Roberta Naas Shares True Views on Time, Watches, Brands and Much More in an Exclusive Podcast Interview
- Vacheron Constantin Unveils One of the Most Complicated Watches Ever: Maitre Cabinotier Astronomica at Watches & Wonders 2014