Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Personal Information: During signup for a newsletter we ask for your email, so that we can send you the newsletter. In addition, we may share this information as required by law or a court order. We will also ask for information such as gender, income, age and interests and use the findings to better understand our readership. We may also use that information to show (on a collective basis) a snapshot of our audience for sales benefit.
- Tracking Information: The Niche Media Web server automatically collects limited information about your computer, such as your IP address, or your operating system.
- Sweepstakes, Give Aways, Contests, etc: If you enter an online sweepstakes, contest or give away, we will use the information you provided to notify you if you are a winner.
- Third Party Access: We allow access to our database by third parties that provide us with services such as technical maintenance, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. In addition, as our business changes, we may buy or sell various assets. In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by Niche Media, its parent or any subsidiary or affiliated entity are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company, the information from and/or about our site may be among the transferred assets.
- Information Used for Administration Purposes: We reserve the right to use the information we collect about your computer, which at times may be able to identify you, for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather demographic information and to otherwise administer our website. While your personally identifying information is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use, transfer, sell and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatibly advertisers and partners.
Niche Media may use “cookies” to track usage on Niche Media websites so that we may tailor content and services to you. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server. It is stored on your computer’s hard drive. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to see all of the features and functionality of the site. In addition, Niche Media advertising and marketing partners may use their own cookies.
We do not have control over cookies placed by our advertisers.
Links to Other Sites
Throughout Niche Media’s online services, we may link to other sites. Niche Media is not responsible for, nor do we endorse, the content that appears on those sites. Please check the privacy policies of all the sites you frequent to determine how user information is collected and used.
Information Security and Notification
Because no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, Niche Media cannot guarantee the security of the information you sent to us or the security of our servers or databases. By using this website you agreed o assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you use the site.
This website is not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under the age of 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas, forums and chats. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must get permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on this site.