Fine White Watches to Bring in Spring
by roberta naas
White is the hue of choice for today’s watch brands that are interpreting this elegant tone on timepieces using multiple materials like mother-of-pearl, satin, and even diamonds.
1. This Piaget 18k rose gold Limelight Gala watch ($34,000) offers added allure due to the lugless case and satin strap. The diamonds give the curvaceous watch added shimmer. Available by appointment.
2. Crafted in 18k yellow gold and stainless steel, this Omega Ladymatic watch ($20,200) houses a mechanical coaxial self-winding caliber and is an officially certified COSC chronometer. It features a white mother-of-pearl dial and a satin-brushed leather strap.
3. From Alor, this 1979 Swiss timepiece ($2,495) features an elegant double bezel so that the inner watch case moves slightly within the outer bezel. It is made of stainless steel with a mother-of-pearl dial and 0.92 carats of diamonds.
4. This stainless steel Baume & Mercier Linea watch ($2,990) offers a diamond-set mother-of-pearl dial. It is shown on a double-wrap white leather strap that is interchangeable.
photography by jeff crawford; styling by terry lewis
The Most Authoritative Insight Into Time And Watches
- Breguet Breaks Records with the Classique Tourbillon Extra-Plat Automatique
- To Peru and Back: A Review of the Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Chronograph 2
- Moon Accuracy for 122 Years … Introducing the White Gold L.U.C Lunar Big Date from Chopard
- 5 Watch Brands Involved in Space Exploration: Breitling, Fortis, Bell & Ross, TAG Heuer, Zenith