Support the New World Symphony at its 26th annual gala.
1. New World Symphony Cause: Launching the careers of gifted young classical musicians. Gala host and artistic director: Michael Tilson Thomas Event: The New World Symphony’s 26th annual gala, Saturday, February 8, at 6 pm, New World Center
2. Miami Bridge Youth & Family Services Cause: Supporting abused, neglected, and homeless children through Miami-Dade’s only 24-hour emergency shelter for at-risk youth. President: Adrian Delancy Event: Bridge to the Stars, NottediCarnevale, Saturday, February 8, at 7:30 pm, J.W. Marriott Marquis
3. Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center Cause: Providing cutting-edge cancer treatment for the University of Miami and UH ealth System, and changing the paradigm of discovery, innovation, and care for specific types of cancers. Honoree: Jennifer Stearns Buttrick Event: Designed for a Cure, Thursday, February 13, at 7 pm, the Ice Palace
4. Diabetes Research Institute Cause: Finding a biological cure for diabetes. Ball international chairmen: Linda and Barry Gibb Event: 40th annual Love and Hope Ball, featuring a concert by Barry Gibb, Saturday, February 15, at 6 pm, Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa
5. American Red Cross South Florida Region Cause: Alleviating human suffering in the face of emergency Ball chairmen: Barbara and Jose Hevia Event: 32nd annual American Red Cross Ball, Saturday, February 22, at 7 pm, Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne