New Chronographs to Wear This Summer
by roberta naas
The much coveted chronograph is the perfect accompaniment to summer activities, as top watch brands bring split-second timing to the wrist.
1. This Movado Circa watch ($1,495) is sleek and chic in a 42mm black PVD-finished stainless steel case with black dial and silver-tone hands and numerals. It is equipped with a tachymeter scale for measuring speed and date indication. The mesh link bracelet offers cool appeal.
2. From TAG Heuer, this Carrera 1887 watch ($5,550) features a shimmering blue dial and is equipped with an 1887 movement made in-house.
3. Ruggedly celebrating the brand’s legendary lunar history, this Omega Speedmaster HB-SIA Co-Axial GMT chronograph ($9,800) is crafted in titanium and features a black carbon fiber dial and subdials. It has a central chronograph seconds hand, GMT indication, and tachymeter scale.
4. This Tudor Heritage Chrono ($4,425) is crafted in stainless steel and offered on a fabric strap. The 42mm watch houses a self-winding mechanical movement and offers chronograph functions. It is water resistant to 500 feet.
The world’s finest brands are taking chronographs—watches that can track designated intervals of time—to new heights this season. Though chronographs are most often associated with sports (sailing, bicycling, and automotive racing, among others), they have become so sophisticated in styling that these gentleman jocks work as nicely in the office as they do on the field. Indeed, these precision instruments—which can time your morning run or help you maintain an efficient pace at work—make a powerful statement wherever they are spotted around town.
photography by jeff crawford; styling by terry lewis
The Most Authoritative Insight Into Time And Watches
- Richard Mille Believes in Total Transparency: Introducing the RM 56-02 Tourbillon and the RM011 White Ghost
- Watches Made from Guns: Introducing the 18-karat Gold Fonderie 47 Inversion Principle 2 Turns Turmoil into Time
- TW Steel Watches — Affordable Attention Grabbers
- Hautlence Watches: 10 Years and Counting – Introducing the Invictus Morphos Chronograph with Eric Cantona