With the Chiron Pur Sport and Chiron Super Sport 300+, Bugatti delivers hyper sports cars for drivers in the know.
The story of Bugatti is the tale of a rebellious visionary, of a young genius who could trace his origins back to a row of artists and artisans. Today, over a century since Ettore Bugatti founded the company, Bugatti continues to push boundaries in design and performance. Nowhere is that more evident than in the new vehicles. “When designing the Chiron Pur Sport and Chiron Super Sport 300+, the focus was on technical principles to such an extent that it was crucial to establish a symbiosis between design and technology,” says Frank Heyl, deputy design director at Bugatti. Here, a few details that make the designs so special.
Chiron Pur Sport
- 1,500 horsepower
- top speed of 261 mph
- The Chiron Pur Sport has enlarged air intakes on the front to provide for improved airflow through the radiators, even at low speeds.
- The very light magnesium wheels also dissipate heat, so the brakes cannot overheat, even during very sharp maneuvers.
- The 1.90-meter-wide rear wing and a generously dimensioned and long diffuser ensure massive downforce at the rear axle.
- “A vehicle that can go over 300 miles per hour has to be extremely streamlined,” explains
- The exposed carbon of the body is partially painted, so the side is visually split horizontally, producing a flatter and more dynamic appearance.
Chiron Super Sport 300+
- 1,578 horsepower
- top speed of 300 mph
- With a maximum speed of 300 mph, the Chiron Super Sport 300+ is the world’s fastest production car.
- The exposed carbon finish has orange detailing that is meant to represent the stripes of a U.S. road surface.
For more information, braman.com
Photography by: courtesy of bugatti