When fall rolls around and we can finally dive into all the scrumptious pumpkin-flavored treats, there is no need to sacrifice our vegan ways or expectation of delicious flavor! Get ready for a cozy night in the kitchen and set your sights on Take Two Barleymilk for your vegan baking needs. Take Two offers the first plant milk to be made from upcycled barley, meaning they know how to perfectly bring together this dairy supplement and standard baking ingredients. Take Two chef Mitch Thisius breaks down the recipe for both pumpkin bread and a pumpkin spice latte; read on to satisfy your vegan pumpkin sweet tooth.
Take Two Fall Pumpkin Bread
Yield: 1 medium loaf
Time: 20 minutes prep, 1 hour baking
-1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
-1 tsp. Baking soda
-3/4 tsp. Salt
-2 tsp. Cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
-1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
-1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
-1/4 cup Organic Cane Sugar
-3/4 cup Brown Sugar
-1 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
-1/2 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
-1/4 cup Take Two Original Barleymilk
-2 each Egg substitute (Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer recommended)
-1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, Take Two Original Barleymilk, and egg substitute.
4 Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix well.
5. Mix batter just until it's well-incorporated and lumps are gone.
6. Pour batter into oiled medium bread pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
7. Let bread cool for 15 minutes before removing from the baking pan and cutting.
8. Store wrapped up at room temperature for up to 5 days, or wrap tightly and freeze.
Take Two Pumpkin Spice Latte
Yield: 12 oz
Time: 5 minutes
-6oz Take Two Barista Barleymilk
-3 Tbsp. Pumpkin Puree
-2 shots Espresso
-2 tsp. Vanilla or Hazelnut Syrup
-1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Create your own pumpkin pie spice by mixing spices together in a small bowl or storage jar.
2. Combine pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice (¼ tsp of the larger amount you made), and Take Two Barista Barleymilk in a bowl or large mug, and mix well.
3. Heat and foam the pumpkin-barleymilk mixture using an electric milk frother or steam wand. (You can also heat the mixture in a saucepan on the stove, if you don't have a frother).
3. Pull 2 shots of espresso.*
4. In a mug, combine the espresso and flavored syrup.
5. Slowly add the hot and frothed pumpkin-barleymilk mixture -- maybe even creating some fancy latte art!
Garnish with another pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
*Use 6-8 oz of hot brewed coffee for a café au lait.